PHP Web Programmer
Location: Company based in Neenah, WI; Home offices; Work Remotely
Grade Requirement: 2-year degree in a Computer Science related field preferred but we’ll entertain someone without a technical degree if experience and skills are there
Compensation: Paid (Full-time benefits)
Type of Position/Time Requirement: Part-time with Full-time intent
Position Start: Immediately
Summary of Position
Who We Are
Stellar Blue Technologies – Transforming Companies’ Internet Marketing Since 2004
Stellar Blue Technologies has been growing and enhancing its wide array of services to continue providing custom work for Appleton, Green Bay, Oshkosh and the surrounding Fox Valley region as well as Milwaukee, Chicago, east coast, west coast and international clients. Our team of 20+ experts views each company individually and uniquely as we provide custom design, development and search engine optimization packages.
What is this all about?
Here at Stellar Blue, we offer careers for motivated individuals; not just jobs. Let’s work together to create something stellar!
We’re growing and are looking for smart, dynamic PHP programmer who will bring to our team their passion, skills, and experience in website design and maintenance, programming, creative skills and technical knowledge of how web products are created.
If you’ve worked on a complex programming project where you wrote a lot of code, learned a ton and loved it, we have lots of projects where you can make an impact and can have a chance to learn and grow. A career with us can offer you access to some of the most exciting and dynamic challenges of your lifetime!
This is a part-time start with the growth to full-time within 90 days should our relationship prove to be mutually beneficial.
What we’re looking for from you:
- At least 2 years of experience as a software developer using PHP
- Some knowledge of relational databases (SQL or MySQL) is welcome
- You’ll need to be super organized, love working on a collaborative team, have a keen eye for detail and manage priorities and deadlines effortlessly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work independently without significant supervision
- 2-year degree in a Computer Science related field preferred but we’ll entertain someone without a technical degree if experience and skills are there
Other Skills and Experiences:
- Experience both proposing and cleanly implementing new features from start to finish
- Ability to contribute to a technical discussion mirroring an ability to listen and learn from peers
- Never-ending passion for learning new technology and applying them to applicable projects
…Everyone deserves to be stellar
Main Job Responsibilities
What will I do?
On any given day, you’ll be immersed in:
- Website development, mobile website development, and responsive web design
- Researching assignments, documenting all changes and enhancements while adhering to the programming standards and other policies and procedures in place
- Modifying existing programs to resolve problems or add functionality
- Assisting with issue tracking and resolution and performing testing
Why should you join our team?
- You have a passion for writing code, especially in PHP
- A fast-paced, high-energy, fun and positive team is something that you want to be a part of
- You love building great products, and getting things done
- Highly flexible work schedule; work remotely on location wherever
- Like a little fun at work? A VR headset is provided to every full-time employee.
- Monthly full team in-person meetings with company catered meals; team building activities like Frisbee golf
- We also offer a competitive compensation package with vacation and sick day benefits, paid holidays, flex schedule, company paid life insurance, company incentive program, paid education opportunities, paid volunteer time, compensation for special travel and simple IRA matching
- Watch a video from one of our Stellar team members to experience Stellar Blue firsthand
- Prospects must email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
- Additional items for submission: preferably two reference contacts, work examples, online portfolios, etc.
- Chosen prospects will have interviews ASAP. Please indicate within your cover letter which day and time will work best for your schedule