UX Website Designer
Location: Company based in Neenah, WI; Home offices; Work Remotely
Grade Requirement: 2-4 year degree in Digital Arts, Graphic Design or related field is preferred but will entertain someone without a technical degree based on equivalent experience and skill set
Compensation: Paid (Full-time benefits)
Type of Position/Time Requirement: Part-time with Full-time intent
Position Start: Immediately
Summary of Position
Who We Are
Stellar Blue Technologies – Transforming Companies’ Internet Marketing Since 2004
Stellar Blue Technologies has been growing and enhancing its wide array of services to continue providing custom work for Appleton, Green Bay, Oshkosh and the surrounding Fox Valley region as well as Milwaukee, Chicago, east coast, west coast and international clients. Our team of 20+ experts views each company individually and uniquely as we provide custom design, development and search engine optimization packages.
What is this all about?
Here at Stellar Blue, we offer careers for motivated individuals; not just jobs. Let’s work together to create something stellar!
We’re growing and are looking for a smart, dynamic UX Website Designer who will bring to our team their passion, skills, and experience in website design to conceptualize and create cutting-edge, dynamic, and customized web pages.
If you like working on a variety of projects and interfacing with different customers, and want to be part of a creative team where collaborating, bouncing ideas around and finding the best solution for a problem is encouraged, then Stellar Blue is the place for you. A career with us can offer you access to some of the most exciting and dynamic challenges of your lifetime!
We are currently only considering employees located in the Greater Fox Valley WI area. This is a part-time start with the growth to full-time within 90 days should our relationship prove to be mutually beneficial. This is not a freelance or telecommuting position.
What we’re looking for from you:
- 2-4 year degree in Digital Arts, Graphic Design or related field is preferred but will entertain someone without a technical degree based on equivalent experience and skill set
- Prior experience of website design is required
- Solid grasp on how design relates to web, social media, and the end user
- Strong creative and design skills – ability to quickly grasp and distill complex web design concepts and goals into user-friendly, high-end designs
- Have working knowledge of social design specifications and limitations
- Making accurate and timely decisions on a daily basis while working as part of a team and able to take direction well
- Be familiar with Stellar Blue product knowledge and general knowledge of web based design
- Be a lead on promotion of design work by way of awards and marketing
- Understanding of web usability, UI/UX trends, and accessibility standards
- Have working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator (CS5 or higher), Premiere Pro
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work independently without significant supervision
- Must be customer-centric and aggressive in servicing customers’ needs and meeting their expectations and goals
- Experience in digital media, marketing, and advertising
- Understand importance of the end User Experience on all projects
- Ability to take the concept through the production process from beginning to end
- Meticulous eye for detail, style, and colors
- Experience in videography is a plus
- Employee must be located in driving proximity to Neenah, WI
- Must not be doing freelance work
…Everyone deserves to be stellar
Main Job Responsibilities
What will I do?
On any given day, you’ll be immersed in:
- Designing customized web pages and interfaces based on client specifications
- Graphic design manipulation/optimization using Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Working in conjunction with the Creative and Marketing Departments to see that their creative needs are being met
- Responsive design and cross platform compatibility, development, and testing
- Website layout, typography, composition, and color theory
- Photo editing and cleaning images for production
- Managing several projects simultaneously while documenting progress
- May provide administrative support; meets and greets clients, schedules appointments, makes travel arrangements (if needed), and arranges and coordinates meetings
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Why should you join our team?
- You have a passion for being creative, especially with layout and conceptualization of custom designs for websites and social channels
- A fast-paced, high-energy, fun and positive team is something that you want to be a part of
- You want a career that challenges you to create stellar work and an opportunity to continually grow your skill set while using new technologies as we create solutions for our customers
- You love building great products, and getting things done
- Highly flexible work schedule
- Like a little fun at work? A VR headset is provided to every full-time employee.
- Monthly full team in-person meetings with company catered meals; team building activities like Frisbee golf
- We also offer a competitive compensation package with vacation and sick day benefits, paid holidays, flex schedule, company paid short-term disability and life insurance, health and dental insurance, company incentive program, paid education opportunities, paid volunteer time, compensation for special travel and simple IRA matching
- Prospects must email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
- Additional items for submission: preferably two reference contacts, work examples, online portfolios, etc.
- Chosen prospects will have interviews ASAP. Please indicate within your cover letter which day and time will work best for your schedule.