When it comes to key performance indicators (KPI’s) there are many variations to choose from. Understanding which ones to track can condense down the amount of analytic reporting tailored to the website and help define company specific goals. If you are just starting out and want to start out with basics here are some great examples:
- Drive traffic to the webpage
- Increase Sales
- Retaining new and existing customers
Once you have defined your goals, you can begin to monitor and evaluate the overall effectiveness of the webpage. It is important to note that goals can be redefined and altered as needed, but should be relevant, measurable, attainable and time-based.
Analytics & Tracking:
- In order to measure and evaluate the amount of traffic to your webpage, looking at the actual traffic number in the analytics report will tell you if the amount of viewers has increased or decreased. Additionally, looking at page views (number of pages viewed per session/ visit) and session/visit duration is a good indicator as to if people are finding what they are looking for. Lastly, finding out what device the user is accessing your website from is another good indicator on how to best reach your target audience and ultimately increase traffic to your website.
- When looking at sales, the best KPI to track is conversion rates. Conversion rates will reference how many people are completing a call to action. This can mean completing a sale by checking out or filling out a signup form. If your engagement is low it is a good indicator your conversion rate is low too.
- When a web page is doing well and is offering the information a customer is looking for, it is more likely a customer will come back and new customers will visit. Tracking the bounce rate of a web page is crucial in understanding how many people are leaving the website after only viewing one page (most likely the homepage). Engagement and content quality really play a dual role in keeping those bounce rates down and your customers happy.
As stated, KPI’s for web page metrics and goal setting can be challenging, but our team at Stellar Blue Technologies is here to help. Contact us and learn how you can best monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of your business webpage today!