Social media use is continuing to grow in users and reach year after year. As marketers, it’s important to understand the numbers behind the social media sites that we’re using to promote our products and services. Here are 10 crazy interesting social media statistics you need to know about the platforms you’re using.
1. Facebook has 1.71 billion active users, holding 18% of the market share.
2. 86% of Twitter users say they use the site to keep up on the news and current events.
3. Snapchat’s video views have increased over 400% from May 2015 to May 2016.
4. Social media has a 100% LEAD-TO-CLOSE RATE than outbound marketing.
5. Pinterest is now the 3rd most popular social network in the U.S. in terms of traffic.
6. Since 2011, advertising revenue on mobile platforms has increased from $1.45 billion to $31.45 billion.
7. A call-to-action pin description sees an 80% increase in engagement.
8. More than two million advertisers regularly use Facebook to market their business.
9. Auto-posting to Facebook decreases “likes” & “comments” by 70%.
10. On average, Instagram sees a whopping 80 million photos being shared PER DAY.
To learn how you can use these social media channels to promote your business, contact a Stellar Blue Representative today!