Mobile is arguably taking over the world – well, at least the internet. In today’s ever-changing world of technology, as marketers it is absolutely crucial that we can quickly recognize, adjust and adapt to the changes. We’ve compiled these 10 fascinating statistics about mobile marketing in 2015.
1. According to MarketingLand.com, there are nearly 4 billion unique mobile users across the globe.
2. 1.9 billion of those global unique mobile users have smartphones
3. The number of smartphone users is expected to be more than half of the world’s entire population by 2018
4. 80% of internet users search the web from their smartphones – accounting for 25% of total web traffic in 2014 according to TechCrunch.
5. Mobile ad spend is expected to surpass desktop in 2016
6. 48% of all emails are opened on a mobile device MarketingTechBlog.com
7. 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others
8. 50% of YouTube viewership across the world comes from mobile devices
9. Millennials are 2x more likely to focus on a video while viewing from a mobile device versus a television
10. People who view videos on their smartphones are 1.4x more likely to watch an ad versus those watching from a desktop or television ThinkWithGoogle.com
Understanding these amazing statistics and trends will not only help you to better reach your audience, but also help to better tailor your communication to your audience as it best relates to their mobile experience.
If you’re interested in learning more about your businesses mobile user trends, join us November 18th for our hands on workshop and learn how to understand your website analytics and turn that data into actionable insight.