Remember this time last year when everyone said, “2014 will be the year of video marketing!” Well, 2014 definitely set the foundation, but 2015 has definitely been the year video marketing. So far this year, we have seen more and more video integration and marketing than ever before. Check out these 4 ways that video marketing can supercharge your brand.
YouTube, Instagram, Vine, Periscope, you name it – videos are dominating the platform!
- YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google.
- Instagram, Vine, Snapchat and Periscope have all hit the social media scene with a main focus on video content.
- Facebook gives more credit to native videos uploaded directly to the platform. Meaning a video may reach in some cases up to 3 times more users than a standard post or link.
- Auto-play features have made it easier for brands to grab the attention of their audiences without ever having them press play.
- Pinterest and Twitter have now strengthened their video sharing capabilities to accommodate video sharing.
It’s all about telling your story these days, instead of selling a story. Videos now allow brands to have a higher level of communication with their audience. Now the audience is able to understand, process, and then share the information quickly.
Are people loyal brand followers, or are people loyal people followers? In some cases, people develop a loyalty to a brand which 9 times out of 10 is built by the people behind that brand. (Not just the logo or tagline.) Video allows brands to show their customers the people behind their brand. They can show their company culture, values, and personality by sharing candid, behind-the-scenes videos. People’s personalities now drive a brand and people are now building relationships with other people.
With the rise of platforms like Vine, Instagram and Snapchat, short videos have become more and more popular. It may not seem like a lot of time, but by stepping out of the box and getting a little creative, brands have been able to gain awareness, popularity and even new clients. They reach their customers by sharing short, snackable videos about their brand, products, events and staff.
If you have a smartphone, you have an HD camera and means to start creating and sharing! If you’d like to learn more about how you can use your phone and a few apps to create fun branded videos, join us August 5th for our hands-on workshop on How To Maximize Photo and Video to Supercharge Your Social Media.