B is for blog! Here’s a quick definition of what a blog is from our Multimedia Marketing Assistant Neal!
Everyone seems to be blogging these days, but why? Below are a few of the reasons why you should write a blog post right after reading this post!
1. According to a recent Hubspot survey 60% of businesses who blog acquire more customers.
2. Blogs show your expertise in a subject matter so you can demonstrate thought leadership.
3. Businesses with blogs have 434% more indexed pages on their website which make a significant impact for SEO.
4. Blogs are essentially free PR!
5. Talk about cost effective! Every blog post is essentially free advertisement for your company that is searchable on the web.
6. Along with blogs comes analytical data that can give you insights into what your audience is thinking based on their click-throughs, search terms to reach your blog, favorite topics written about, etc.
7. Blogs simply drive more traffic to your website.
8. The ability to interact with customers via blogs can be extremely helpful to maintain customer relationships.
9. Allowing multiple departments and employees to blog for your business not only gives your business more quality content but it helps everyone feel more involved.
10. Maintaining a blog forces your marketing team to stay up to date with industry trends!
11. If your blog gains large amounts of traffic you can set up a Google AdSense account and rake in extra income!
12. Blogs help humanize your brand by giving your business a voice.
13. Having a blog gives you better search rankings due to the freshness of the content!
13.5 Let’s face it, blogging can just be fun (Only a half legitamate reason, but still worthy of the list!).
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the positives a blog can do for your business. If you want tips on how to craft an insanely effectve blog post check out our guide here!
Check out our upcoming blog workshop here.