Whether you develop websites or just have one of your own, the same question is always top of mind, how do I master the likes of Google? A new study from online ad network Chitika, confirms that the number one website ranked on Google search gets 33% of search traffic, the second gets 18% and the percentages go down from there. This means, that chances are if your website appears on the second page, you will not see any share of that percentage, meaning no site visitors. This becomes critical when you rely on site traffic to generate revenue and ultimately add to your bottom line.
Here are some tips for making your website Google friendly:
- Do research on all of the updates and changes Google goes through: Get a better understanding of what they are and how your website needs to react. It is extremely helpful to follow Google Webmaster’s Central Blog and Google Employee Matt Cutt’s Blog, who is Google’s connection with the SEO community. These two blogs give you more than enough information to help your website survive and adapt to Google’s updates.
- Structure your content for Google: Allow Google to be able to identify the types of information on your website.
- Update your website often: Besides updating the content of your website, connecting a blog is just as important. Blogging every day, or frequently, will ensure crawling of your website by Google more often.
- Make sure the content on your website is useful and rich in information: Making your website a tool for others, will generate an interest from sites who may ultimately want to link to yours.
- Obtain websites that link to yours: This becomes tricky, you want to make sure the links you are receiving are “natural” links, meaning that the websites link to you because they truly think you have beneficial content for their audience or consumers.
- As you design your websites for your users, it’s important to keep a balance between images and text: Too many images or flash content makes it hard for Google to crawl your website. If you do have images make sure to use Alt tags or Alternative text to describe them.
For more tips on how to make your website Google friendly, visit Google’s Webmaster Tools.
At Stellar Blue we understand that Search Engines can make or break your website or even your business. Our team is here to help, by providing personalized SEO services that help mold a company’s internet marketing strategy, to increase website traffic and sales. Checkout our SEO services today or Contact a Stellar Blue representative for more information.