We probably all are familiar with traditional marketing tactics: direct mail, telemarketing, and trade shows–a.k.a. outbound marketing. But these methods are becoming less popular, and proving to be more costly. Outbound tends to fall into the “beg, buy or bug” methods.
Think about how many times a day you use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to look something up, or make a purchase. Our culture is moving away from traditional marketing techniques, and pushing into a new world of reaching it’s customers by using a different method–inbound marketing.
Inbound marketing uses tactics like blogging, search engine optimization, and social media by pulling in existing and potential customers, and understanding their needs and wants. Inbound marketing is all about reaching our consumers on the channels they activity engage in. Marketers are able to interact and develop relationships with potential costumers by using this marketing approach.
Our culture wants information immediately, and we want to be engaged and able to interact on our own terms. That is why millions in the marketing world are harnessing the inbound marketing strategy. Not only has it proven to engage customers more, but it can also save your business or organization money.
Here are 5 reasons why your marketing team should look into inbound marketing:
1) Most importantly, it costs less. Inbound marketing costs 62 percent less per lead than outbound marketing.
2) It is easier to spread awareness about your company. By being able to incorporate links and share via social media platforms gives your company a larger reach.
3) 57 percent of businesses say they have acquired a customer through their company blog.
4) In 2012, 62 percent of companies said that social media has become a more valuable marketing tool.
5) The average cost-per-lead of outbound (traditional) marketing is estimated to be $346, compared to inbound marketing leads only costing $135 cost-per-lead.
It is obvious the most recent statistics show how beneficial inbound marketing can be to your company from an economic standpoint. And with users and customers transforming the way they purchase products and services, it is out job as marketers and business owners to be able to give users and customers what they want.
To find out more about inbound marketing can help leverage your business, attend one of our upcoming workshops. Recommend the content marketing workshop on March 14th! Register here!